Originally posted on May 27, 2022 @ 6:00 am
Last Updated on March 25, 2023 by inckredible
The eyebrow slit trend is a new trend in fashion. You can see it in the streets. Or in magazines’ covers and photographs of celebrities. That looks attractive on girls, especially on actors’ or actresses’ faces.
It doesn’t matter whether to make your eyebrows more expressive or draw attention to them. Cutting or dividing eyebrows are so hot in the season. This article will discuss the eyebrow slit trend – all you need to know.
What Is Eyebrow Slit?
Eyebrow slits refer to a style in which several minor vertical cuts are made into the eyebrow. Typically, there are just two or three cuts. In some cases, one of the cuts is made at the brow’s arch, giving it a distinct look.
Some people have multiple scratches on each brow, while others only have one blemish on their eyebrows. The idea originated in urban style and culture but has become a popular style among young people everywhere.
The slit can be as thick as the skin of the eyebrow or as thin as a single strand of hair. The slit is traditionally positioned in the center of the brow, just above where the eyebrow starts to rise from the eye socket.
However, many people wear multiple slits across their brows in varying shapes and forms. In addition to being aesthetically pleasing, having an eyebrow slit can be an excellent way to express yourself or your personality – like with an ear-piercing.
Some people wear an eyebrow slit to represent their belief system or religion, while others wear them as a fashion statement. Each year, new trends emerge regarding eyebrow slits and modified body art.
There are several different styles of eyebrow slits that you can choose from:
- Vertical brow slit: This is a horizontal slit placed on the outside edge of the eyebrow.
- Horizontal brow slit: This is a vertical slit placed in the middle of the eyebrow.
- Eyeconic brow slit: This is a combination of both vertical and horizontal slits that gives the appearance of two eyebrows instead of one.
- Vertical brow slit with horizontal lines: This combination of both vertical and horizontal lines creates a wavy appearance to your eyebrows that can give you a unique look.
- Basic: The basic is where only a tiny part of the eyebrow is shaved off, and it goes from the top to the bottom.
- Asymmetrical arch: Is where both eyebrows are shaved off on both sides, and it looks like an upside-down V.
- An asymmetrical arch: Is when one side of the eyebrow is shaved off more than the other. You can also have it go vertically instead of horizontally as well.
- The crosshatch is where two lines are going horizontally and vertically on each brow side. It makes an X shape.
- Straight lines: All straight lines make it look like there are no eyebrows at all, and some people like this look because they feel it’s cleaner and more modern.
- Wavy line: The wavy line has an uneven shape across the entire brow. The ends of this brow design should not be connected.
How It All Started?
Eyebrow slit has been in vogue for quite some time now. In the 1990s, eyebrow slit was a common fashion trend among men and women. They used razors to cut or shave off their eyebrows from different parts to give them an unusual look.
It was trendy among rappers and hip-hop artists who were into body art and tattoos. This unique style was also seen in African-American women and Egyptian women as far back as 4000 B.C. The trend was brought to America from Africa by enslaved people.
The look was popular with West African tribes from Senegal to Cameroon. Some have speculated that enslaved people were often given only one name because they had their last name tattooed above their eyebrows.
In addition to tattooing their last names above their eyebrows, the look was first spotted on music artists in hip-hop videos and then made its way onto runways of high fashion designers. It’s widespread now to see models in fashion magazines with eyebrow slits.
The trend has also made its way into pop culture. You can find many celebrities sporting this unique look that continues to gain popularity.
Is It Still Trendy?
If you are an avid Instagram user, no doubt you’ve seen the crazy eyebrow trend that has been dubbed. Men’s Eyebrow Slit. If one aspect of the face is more conspicuous than another, it has to be the eyebrows.
While they are not usually considered part of the overall look, they still play a significant role in enhancing facial features. If you are thinking of getting an eyebrow piercing, you should know all about eyebrow slits.
When you think of an eyebrow slit, the first thing that comes to mind is how much pain it will cause. While it is true that any piercing can hurt, this is not true when it comes to men’s eyebrow slits. This is because these are relatively easy piercings to get, and if done correctly by an experienced piercer, there should be no pain at all.
The first step to getting an eyebrow slit is to prepare yourself for the procedure. This includes making sure that your hair and face are clean so that they do not get infected during the piercing process. Once you have done this, then you can begin looking at getting your new piercings done.
For those who want more information on getting men’s eyebrow slits, they should do some research online or ask their friends for advice on what would work best for them.
Ways To Slit Your Eyebrows
Of all the things to be good at, eyebrow maintenance is not one most people would choose. It’s just more of a weird thing to focus on than anything else. Here are helpful ways to slit your eyebrows, others with the fine art of eyebrow maintenance.
Almond Brow Pencil
The almond-shaped brow pencil is the easiest to use when defining the shape of your eyebrows. This brow pencil has a tapered tip, making it easy to create short, hair-like strokes that mimic your natural eyebrow hairs.
Brow pencils come in different colors and shades depending on skin tone, eye color, or hair color. Choosing a brow pencil that matches your eyebrow hair color is best. If you have light brown or blonde hair, you don’t have to check it exactly, but if your hair is dark brown or black, you’ll want to find a shade as close as possible.
Use this quick guide for finding your perfect shade:
- Try a blonde ash shade if you have light blonde/light brown hair.
- For medium brown hair with cool undertones, try a taupe brow pencil.
- Medium brown-haired ladies with warm undertones should try a medium brown shade.
- Dark brunettes should opt for a dark brown pencil.
- Go for black if you have jet-black hair (or ebony eyebrows).
Eyebrow tweezing is a method that should be used sparingly. If you don’t have someone to help you, it is easy to get carried away. Eyebrows can grow back sparse and patchy if they are over-tweezed.
If you want to try tweezing, do a little each day until you get the shape you want. Then only tweeze stray hairs as they come in.
Portable Electric Eyebrow Trimmer Razor USB
If you are looking for a high-quality, portable electric eyebrow trimmer razor, you can also consider a USB rechargeable eyebrow trimmer. This small and lightweight eyebrow trimmer is ideal for home use and easy travel.
It contains a thin stainless steel blade that does not irritate the skin. It is cordless, so it offers great convenience to use. Portable Electric Eyebrow Trimmer Razor USB Rechargeable Facial Hair Remover Epilator Features:
- Use with a clean and dry face, do not use on sensitive skin or near the eyes.
- Do not pull the skin tight when removing hair to avoid damage to the skin.
- It is recommended to use warm water or a hot towel on your face before use to clean your eyebrow or lip.
- After shaving the eyebrows, it is recommended to apply a cold towel to the eyebrows to soothe the skin and prevent redness and swelling.
- When using, move the device in a circular motion. Please do not stay in one place for too long. Otherwise, it will cause excessive friction and affect the effect of shaving hair removal.
Eyebrows are the most expressive parts of our face. They deliver the message of joy, sadness, anger, and surprise without us having to say a single word.
They’re also among the first things people notice about your face- so it’s interesting that you pay attention to them until they start good-looking.